We are committed to conserving natural resources through eco-efficient management strategies, performance metrics and continuous improvement focused in key areas that are important to our long-term business success.
We recognize that climate change is a serious issue that demands attention and action from the business community. Planet Media has set performance goals, and will continue to take actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from both direct and indirect business operations.
As we all know, a greener workplace can mean a lighter ecological footprint, a healthier and more productive place to work, and good news for the bottom line. Like many other business, we have the choice to limit our effect on the environment. We choose to make a difference, and here are a few ways that we are doing it.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and requirements
- Digitization: paperless invoices and proposals
- Keeping files on computers in PDF format for paperless document sharing
- Avoid the use of postal services, saving on transportation and on paper.
- Setting computers to energy-saving settings and shut them off when leaving for the day
- Keep energy usage low by making use of low energy LED lights and reduce our gas heating and air conditioning usage
- Recycling, including fax paper, envelops, and junk mail
- Using green materials by using 100% recycled pens, pencils and office supplies
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example, Seventh Generation hand washing liquid, paper products and cleaners
- Donating, reselling or recycling of old office equipment
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video conferencing, telephone and email
- Use low impact transport for travel for business including the use of ride sharing and public transportation
- Community volunteering is at the core of what we stand for including neighborhood tree planting, clean up trash at parks and rivers and working at community gardens to grow organic fruits and vegetables
- 100% telecommuting
- 100% solar-powered hosting
For additional information, please contact us at www.planetmedia.studio.